WHETHER YOU'RE ON THE RUN FROM A WORK OUT OR JUST NEED A QUICK SNACK OR BREAKFAST, THESE ARE YOUR PERFECT TO GO BITES!
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups (500 mL) instant or quick oats (see cook's tips)
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) honey or agave nectar
- Heat 8” (20 cm) Executive Sauté Pan over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes. Toast quinoa 3-5 minutes or until starts to brown and pop, stirring occasionally. Remove quinoa to Classic Batter Bowl to cool slightly.
- Place oats in Manual Food Processor; process until coarsely chopped.
- Add oats and remaining ingredients to batter bowl. Mix well.
- Use Medium Scoop to scoop out mixture and roll into balls. Place on Large Bar Pan lined with waxed paper.
- Place pan in freezer 8-10 minutes or in refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Store bites in Leakproof Glass Container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
24 servings of 1 bite
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 140, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 45 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g
Instant or quick oats work best in this recipe. If old-fashioned oats are used, bites will need longer to firm up in the freezer.
One bite is a snack and three bites make a great mini meal on the run!
You can make these ahead and freeze! Leave them out at room temperature for 1-2 hours to thaw.